Car Insurance: How to make a claim
Report the accident within 24 hours to our Claims Department:
02 561 2223 (# 1 for the Jerusalem office)
In the event of a car accident:
1. Contact the necessary emergency services (in the event of injuries)
Police – 100; Ambulance – 101; Fire – 102
2. During office hours, contact our Claims Department (02 561 2223 ext 1) for guidance on what to do and exactly which details to collect.
3. Immediately make note of the date, time and place of the accident.
4. Do not admit liability, sign any documents or hand over money to the other party.
5. If possible, take photos of the scene of the accident and of damage to the vehicles. Write down a brief description of what occurred, which will aid you remembering the details when it comes to making your claim.
6. Also make note of the following details (some of which can be obtained from the documents of the other vehicle involved):
Third Party (Other driver)
1.Nature of Damage
2.Name of Driver
3.Address of Driver
4.Phone number of Driver
5.Name of Owner (if different to the driver at the time of the accident)
6.Address of Owner
7.Phone number of Owner
8.Make/Model of Vehicle
9.Licence Plate Number/Car Registration Number
11.Car insurance policy number
12.Name of Insurance Agent
13.Phone number of Insurance Agent
In the event that the police were called:
1.Name of Police Officer
If roadside assistance is needed:
1. Check your policy to determine which roadside assistance/towing service to use.
2. If the vehicle must be towed after the opening hours of the mechanic, we recommend that the vehicle be towed to the secure lot of the towing service (usually incurs a fee) and then have it towed to the mechanic the following morning.
In the event of a broken window:
1. Check your policy to determine which windshield replacement company to use.
2. It is important that you have the window replaced immediately as your insurance policy will not cover theft, vandalism or damage to the vehicle if the window is not replaced. Our Claims Department: 02 561 2223 (ext 1)
In the event of lost or stolen car keys:
1. The incident must be reported immediately. Your car insurance policy will not cover car theft until the keys and remote unlocking system have been located or the locks of the car have been changed. Our Claims Department: 02 561 2223 (ext 1)
*Theft of vehicle or any part thereof, including radio, must be reported to the nearest police station immediately.
*In the event of minor damage, contact our Claims Department to detemine whether it is worthwhile to proceed with a claim.
*In the event that you would like to close the matter without making a claim, contact our Claims Department to ensure that you proceed correctly and sign the 3rd party on the necessry forms that will close the matter.